Sumary of Sensex up 245 points intraday, Nifty above 17,400:
- Benchmark indices were trading higher amid volatility during the afternoon on Thursday, led by Reliance Industries.
- Benchmark indices erased early losses to trade in the green during the afternoon led by gains in heavyweight such as Reliance, IT and pharma stocks.
- It recorded an intraday high of 17,540.80 and a low of 17,351.70.Reliance, Dr Reddy, Tech Mahindra, Infosys and Divi’s Lab were the top gainers on the Nifty 50 while NTPC, IOC, ICICI Bank, Hindalco and Hindustan Unilever were the top losers.
- Reliance Industries shares gained further after the company announced its decision to transfer its gasification unit to its newly created subsidiary Reliance Syngas Limited (RSL) on a slump sale basis.
- Sectoral indicesOn the sectoral front, IT, pharma, realty and oil &