Sumary of PLI in drone manufacturing: Govt expects scheme to attract investments of Rs 5,000 crore in 3 years:
- The central government today announced a Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for the drone industry today that offers an incentive of 20% of the value addition made by a manufacturer of drones and drone components.
- The government expects the incentive to see an investment of over Rs 5,000 crore over the next three years beginning current fiscal.
- “The drones and drone components manufacturing industry may see an investment of over Rs 5,000 crore over the next three years.
- The annual sales turnover of the drone manufacturing industry may grow from Rs 60 crore in 2020-21 fold to over Rs 900 crore in FY 2023-24. The drone manufacturing industry is expected to generate over 10,000 direct jobs over the next three years,” the aviation ministry said in a statement.
- The government has allocated a total amount of Rs 120 crore for the PLI scheme for drones and drone components spread over three financial years.