Sumary of No new side effects found in COVID-19 antiviral Favipiravir: Glenmark:
- Drug maker Glenmark , on September 15, announced that it had found no new side effects in the post marketing surveillance (PMS) study on Favipiravir (FabiFlu) in over 1,000 COVID-19 patients.
- The PMS study commenced in July 2020 to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Favipiravir in mild to moderate COVID-19 patients.
- A total of 1083 patients were enrolled in the prospective, open label, multicentre, single arm study.
- Glenmark’s PMS study is the first and largest post marketing study conducted in India on Favipiravir in mild to moderate COVID-19 patients.
- The study was conducted in patients in line with the approved indication of the drug.
- “This study was crucial as it examined the safety and efficacy of FabiFlu in real-world settings, where multiple variables can impact the results,”said Alok Malik, Group Vice President &