Sumary of MG Motor unveils Astor; enters highly competitive mid-size SUV segment:
- MG Motor India (Image: Moneycontrol) MG Motor India on Wednesday marked its entry into the highly competitive mid-sized SUV segment in the country, with the unveiling of its all-new model — MG Astor.
- The model, which comes with a personal AI assistant and first-in-segment Autonomous (Level 2) technology, would compete with the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and Skoda Kushaq.
- Astor is based on the MG’s successful global platform, ZS and comes with two engine options – the Brit Dynamic 220 TURBO petrol engine with a six-speed AT (automatic) delivering a 140ps of power and VTi Tech petrol engine with a manual transmission and an eight-speed CVT, delivering 110ps of power.
- “The segment is highly competitive and that is why we needed to differentiate;
- and from that perspective, we have tried to come out with a very very compelling offering where we have many industry-first, segment-first features.
- The car is loaded, the car is powerful, the design is expressive,” MG Motor India President and Managing Director Rajeev Chaba told PTI.
- Chaba said the prices of the model and delivery date would be announced in the next two-three weeks.
- “Chaba said the company is already in the process of investing capital to enhance the production capacity at the Halol plant.