Sumary of Metals, IT packs shine in Sensex’s 639 pts rally; investors get richer Rs 2.8L cr:
- Global markets also rallied as concerns over the Delta variant of coronavirus somehow decreased after assurances that all vaccines have some resistance against it.
- The 30-share pack Sensex advanced 638.70 points or 1.22 per cent to close at 52,837.21. Its broader peer NSE Nifty climbed 191.95 points or 1.23 per cent to 15,824.05. Investors grew richer by Rs 2.80 lakh crore as the total market cap of BSE listed companies climbed to Rs 233.82 lakh crore from Rs 231.01 lakh crore.
- “Taking cues from firm global markets, the domestic market witnessed robust momentum shrugging off concerns over the spread of Covid-19 and FII selling.
- Global markets continued to hold onto its gains owing to solid earnings reports and turned its focus on the ongoing European Central Bank’s policy announcement,” said Vinod Nair, Head of Research at Geojit Financial Services.
- HUL was the top loser in the Nifty pack, falling 2.34 per cent.
- Asian Paints, Bajaj Auto, Cipla, M&M, Britannia and HDFC Life Insurance were others that ended in the red.
- Broader market indices ended higher outperforming their headline peers.
- Nifty Smallcap rose 1.47 per cent and Nifty Midcap climbed 1.14 per cent.