Sumary of Lindsay Graham wants GOP to leave DC in last-ditch gambit to block Democrats’ $3.5 trillion spending package. Some are open to it.:
- Graham is trying to rally GOP senators to ditch town in effort block Democrats from passing a $3.5 trillion spending package.
- Lindsay Graham of South Carolina has an idea to help Republicans who are strongly determined to oppose a multi-trillion Democratic spending package this summer: The GOP should skip town.
- ” Democrats are assembling a $3.5 trillion spending plan separate from a $579 billion package still being ironed out by a group of Republicans and Democrats.
- The larger package will be approved in a party-line vote through a process known as reconciliation.
- It’s expected to include many social initiatives triggering unanimous GOP opposition, such as universal Pre-K, free community college, and immigration reform.