Sumary of Karnataka’s Data Centre Policy: Investors seek tweaks in building codes, clean energy:
- Tweaks in building regulations and supply of power from clean energy sources are some of the queries Karnataka’s information technology and biotechnology (IT/BT) officials have come across from potential investors as they get onto drafting the data centre policy.
- Chief minister BS Yediyurappa had said in his budget speech this year that Karnataka’s policy would “create demand and value for data centres”, with infrastructure as its aim.
- “We are aiming to announce the policy at the Bengaluru Tech Summit in November,” additional chief secretary (IT/BT, science &
- They have also sought an assurance from the government on uninterrupted power supply, including how much of it they can provide from clean energy sources.
- Some of them sought to know whether the state has separate corridors for transmitting green energy.
- This demand arises from the fact that the European countries and the US have set tough green energy goals for themselves.