Sumary of Jubilant FoodWorks hits record high on strong sales recovery in June quarter:
- The operator of the country’s largest restaurants chain under the Dominos brand, Jubilant’s operating revenue grew 131% to ₹8.8 bn from ₹3.8 bn in June 2020 quarter.
- Jubilant FoodWorks delivery channel during the quarter grew by 124%.
- Expansion to resume Jubilant FoodWorks added 29 stores last quarter – 20 new outlets for Domino’s Pizza, and three stores each for its other brands Dunkin Donuts, Ekdum!
- The lockdowns and the restrictions due to the pandemic presented a lot of on-ground challenges and they interrupted our store expansion momentum, leading to a lower number of new stores,’ informed co-chairman of Jubilant FoodWorks, Hari Bhartia.
- The company now plans to accelerate its store expansion and plans to open about 150-175 stores in the financial year 2022. The majority of these would be Domino’s Pizza.
- ‘Domino’s Pizza will continue to power ahead and we see a clear potential of 3,000 stores in India in the medium to long term for the brand,’ said Pratik Pota, CEO, and whole-time director, Jubilant FoodWorks, during the investor call.
- According to the company, it will open a mix of formats during the year, some of which would be shared stores between its three brands – Dunkin Donuts, Ekdum!
- , and Hong’s Kitchen – focused on deliveries, while others would be standalone stores for all its brands, including Domino’s Pizza.