Sumary of Investors richer by Rs 2.16 lakh cr as Sensex surges 476 pts:
- NEW DELHI: Benchmark indices hit fresh record highs on Wednesday as benign US inflation print encouraged investors while some industry-favouring government decisions also boosted morale.
- Barring media stocks that saw profit booking after Tuesday’s massive rally, all sectors ended with gains.
- The 30-share pack Sensex rose 476.11 points or 0.82 per cent to close at 58,723.20. Its broader peer NSE Nifty climbed 139.45 points or 0.80 per cent to 17,519.45. Both indices ended at fresh high levels.
- Equity investors grew richer by Rs 2.16 lakh crore, as their total wealth represented by BSE market capitalisation rose to Rs 259.68 lakh crore.
- Market at a glance: Telcos surge after govt extends helping hands;
- Tata Consumer Products was the top loser in the Nifty pack, falling 0.95 per cent.
- Nestle India, Grasim, Bharat Petroleum, Asian Paints, UltraTech Cement and Axis Bank were others that ended in the red.
- Broader market indices ended higher outperforming their headline peers.