Sumary of Govt clears PLI scheme for making drones:
- NEW DELHI: The government on Wednesday approved a production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for drones and drone components.
- Together with the liberalised drone rule enacted last month, the aviation ministry expects drone manufacturing to attract investment of over Rs 5,000 crore in the next three years, generating over 10,000 direct jobs over the next three years.
- The PLI rate at a constant 20% for all three years is an exceptional treatment given only to the drone industry.
- The government has kept the eligibility norm for MSME and startups in terms of annual sales turnover at Rs 2 crore (for drones) and Rs 50 lakhs (for drone components).
- The eligibility norm for non-MSME companies in terms of annual sales turnover has been kept at Rs 4 crore (for drones) and Rs 1 crore (for drone components).
- “The Government has agreed to fix the minimum value addition norm at 40% of net sales for drones and drone components instead of 50%, another exceptional treatment given to the drone industry.
- This will allow widening the number of beneficiaries,” the ministry said in a statement.