Sumary of Final bids for Air India disinvestment today, Tata group also in race:
- NEW DELHI: The government has initiated the process of financial bids for the debt-laden national carrier Air India (AI) on Wednesday as aviation minister Jyotiraditya Scindia made it clear that September 15 date for the process is fixed and will not change.
- “We are very optimistic that this time Air India will get a new bidder,” a government source said on the condition of anonymity.
- Air India is laden with a huge debt of around Rs 43,000 crore of which Rs 22,000 crore will also be transferred to the Air India Asset Holding Limited (AIAHL).
- The government declined to share any details on expectations from the sale of Air India.
- The Centre is planning to sell a 100 per cent stake in the airline and its low-cost subsidiary Air India Express.