Sumary of COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: Over 90.27 lakh jabs given on November 24:
- A healthcare worker gives a dose of the COVISHIELD vaccine against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), manufactured by Serum Institute of India, to a farmer in his field, during a door-to-door vaccination drive in Banaskantha district in the western state of Gujarat.
- On October 21, India scripted history with cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country surpassing the 100-crore milestone.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the nationwide vaccination drive on January 16, with healthcare workers at the frontline of India’s COVID-19 battle getting their first jabs.
- – As children and adolescents are at lower risk of severe COVID-19 disease, countries should prioritise adults and sharing vaccine doses with the COVAX programme to bring supplies to poorer countries, the World Health Organisation said on the day.
- – Gujarat’s Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has formed 100 teams to ensure that its ‘no vaccine-no entry’ rule is being implemented in the city to prohibit those people who have not taken anti-coronavirus vaccine doses so far, from visiting public places like malls and restaurants, an official said on the day.
- – The head of the European Union’s public health agency Andrea Ammon said on the day that COVID-19 vaccine boosters should be considered for all adults, with priority for those above 40 years, in a major change to the agency’s guidance.
- Recommendations issued by the European Centre for Disease prevention and Control (ECDC) are not binding on EU governments but are used to make health policy decisions.