Sumary of Biden on the worker shortage: Pay $15 an hour or ‘be in a bind for a little while’:
- In a CNN Town Hall, President Joe Biden was asked about the labor shortage plaguing restaurants.
- Biden said that restaurants and tourism will be in a “bind” for a little while, but higher wages could help.
- In a CNN Town Hall, President Joe Biden weighed in on the labor squeeze currently hitting restaurants and other low-wage sectors.
- John Lanni, an Ohio restaurant group owner, said that his industry continues to struggle finding workers: “How do you and the Biden administration plan to incentivize those that haven’t returned to work yet?
- TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU In response, Biden said that the restaurant and tourism businesses are going to be in “a bind for a little while.
- Biden also suggested that something else could be contributing to current shortages: Low wages.
- But Biden’s remarks do speak to one of the drivers of the current labor squeeze: Workers simply want to get paid more.