Sumary of Northern Metropolis spatial, strategic:
- Chief Executive Carrie LamThe theme of this event is A New Journey with Greater Opportunities, a very apt description of what the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area will offer.
- Indeed, my Greater Bay Area journey commenced on the first day of my taking office as the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region when on July 1, 2017, witnessed by President Xi Jinping, the National Development &
- Reform Commission (NDRC) and the governments of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macau signed the Framework Agreement on Deepening Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Cooperation in the Development of the Greater Bay Area right here in Hong Kong.
- Within the Hong Kong SAR Government, I personally chair a high-level steering committee to press ahead with policy measures and co-operation projects and a dedicated Greater Bay Area Commissioner was created to provide focal support.
- By now, I believe our business friends are familiar with the potential of the Greater Bay Area.
- During my Greater Bay Area journey, I come to the conclusion that the Greater Bay Area development embraces several key factors for its success.
- The Greater Bay Area development is personally conceived, steered and guided by President Xi Jinping.
- It has been given top leaders’ attention through a Leading Group for the Development of the Greater Bay Area convened by Vice Premier Han Zheng, of which the two SAR chief executives are members.