Sumary of India still key buyer of China’s solar modules, decoupling attempts failing: experts:
- 31, 2019 shows solar modules at a photovoltaic power industrial park in Golmud City, northwest China’s Qinghai Province.
- So far, the total installed renewable energy power generating capacity in Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture and Haixi Mongolian and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture has reached 15 million kilowatts and 10 million kilowatts respectively.
- However, as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi hopes to push forward his goal to develop clean and green energy, the country is ramping up efforts to create a solar revolution and shake off its dependence on solar products from China.
- An article by The Diplomat in March said that as of 2020, India produced 36GW of solar energy out of 90GW of renewables, and nearly 85 percent of its solar equipment was imported from China.
- The top five exporters to India in terms of module volume during 2020 were Chinese enterprises including LONGi Green Energy Technology and JinkoSolar.