Sumary of Huawei Opens Largest Cybersecurity and Transparency Center in China:
- Opened its largest cybersecurity and transparency center in the southern Chinese city of Dongguan as the Chinese telecom equipment giant seeks to earn greater trust in the face of sanctions by the U.S..
- and the first in China, aims to help cybersecurity industry stakeholders share their expertise in cyber governance and work on technical solutions, Huawei said in a statement..
- Cybersecurity crimes could cost the world $6 trillion in 2021, which would be the size of the world third-largest economy after the U.S..
- “In some places, there is still a misconception that country of origin affects the security of network equipment and technology..
- government has targeted Huawei over alleged espionage and ties to the Chinese government, asserting that the company 5G equipment poses security risks..
- To assure foreign governments that it can be trusted for network security, Huawei launched its first regional cybersecurity review center in the U.K….