Sumary of Hong Kong to build new logistics center and park to boost intermediary trade:
- Photo: Chi Jingyi/GTHong Kong will build a new logistics center at Hong Kong airport and in Dongguan in Hong Kong’s neighboring province Guangdong in South China, targeting high value third-party logistics services and facilitating intermediary trade, said the Finance Secretary of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region (HKSAR) on Friday.
- The new logistics centers are believed to be able to boost the intermediary trade in Hong Kong and to strengthen Hong Kong’s status as the international aviation hub of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA).
- Chan also said that the Airport Authority of Hong Kong (AA) is actively developing a multi-modal cargo transport service to enable seamless transfer of mainland exports through the HKIA to other parts of the world.
- According to Chan, the AA is planning to set up a “Hong Kong International Airport Logistics Park” in Dongguan, where mainland exports can complete customs clearance, security checks and other procedures and be transported by sea to the cargo terminal in the restricted area of the HKIA for direct transshipment to the rest of the world.
- Photo: Chi Jingyi/GT Air cargo imports for the Chinese mainland can go through the same channel for fast custom clearance.
- I am so confident that our orders will boom this year,” a staff member of a Macao-based international trading company told the Global Times.