Sumary of Chinese industrial zones in Africa critical for continent’s development, experts say:
- A total of 25 Chinese economic and trade cooperation zones have been established in 16 African countries, according to the China-Africa Economic and Trade Relationship Annual Report (2021) released in September.
- These cooperation zones help boost local industrialization in diverse fields such as resource utilization, agriculture, manufacturing, trade, and logistics.
- These enterprises have created over 46,000 jobs for the host countries, according to the report.
- ” According to the annual report, China remained Africa’s largest trading partner for 12 consecutive years by the end of 2020 despite the headwinds of the COVID-19 pandemic, with two-way trade hitting 187 billion dollars.
- ” “These industrial zones help push the industrialization wheel in Africa and create suitable job opportunities for the local population,” Noureddine added, pointing out that “these industrial zones will undoubtedly have a great role in enhancing the China-Arab cooperation.