Sumary of 9.38 mln jobs created, China achieves 85.3 percent of annual employment goal:
- Job seekers view employment information during a job fair in Lhasa, southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, Aug.
- The urban unemployment rate in August remained unchanged at 5.1 percent, according to statistics.
- China’s urban unemployment rate in Aug 2021 Infographic: Deng Zijun/GT The employment situation is remaining stable, and the surveyed urban unemployment rate of young people has declined, NBS spokesperson Fu Linghui said at a press briefing on Wednesday.
- The surveyed unemployment rate for people aged 16-24 was 15.3 percent, down 0.9 percentage points from July, and the surveyed unemployment rate for people aged 25-59 was 4.3 percent.
- The surveyed unemployment rate for 31 major cities and towns was 5.3 percent, up 0.1 percentage from July.