Sumary of Your Next iPhone Could Have 1 Terabyte Of Storage:
- Apple introduced its new iPhone 13 smartphones during a virtual event on Tuesday.
- Hong/AP Apple introduced its new iPhone 13 smartphones during a virtual event on Tuesday.
- — Apple unveiled its next iPhone lineup, including a model that offers twice the storage available in earlier versions and other modest upgrades to last year’s editions that proved to be a big hit among consumers devouring the latest technology during the pandemic.
- The pre-recorded video event streamed Tuesday gave Apple a chance to present a polished story following a turbulent few weeks.
- The recent bumps included a hastily patched security vulnerability that could let hackers secretly take control of iPhones and other Apple devices;
- a backlash to the company’s plans to scan iPhones for images of child sex abuse and a federal judge’s ruling that chipped away further at the competitive barrier Apple built around its app store, which generates billions of dollars in profits each year.
- As has been the case since Apple’s late co-founder unveiled the first iPhone in 2007, Apple executives talked reverently about the latest model, even though it isn’t dramatically different from the version Apple released nearly a year ago.
- That’s enough storage to accommodate roughly 250,000 photos, or about 500 hours of high definition video.