Sumary of Whirlpool warns inflation to deliver $1B blow:
- Maglan Capital President David Tawil on his outlook for inflation, oil and cryptocurrencies.
- Whirlpool earlier this year raised prices by as much as 12%, which has allowed the company to offset the higher costs.
- The company raised its full-year profit and sales growth forecasts.
- Harley-Davidson earlier this month raised prices by 2% on some models in an attempt to offset its inflationary pressures.
- Meanwhile, cereal maker General Mills raised prices for its foodservice business, which is expected to help the company navigate the 7% cost inflation it anticipates this year.