Sumary of UPDATE 3-UK’s Morrisons investors to vote on Fortress offer on Aug 16:
- Morrisons agreed 6.3 bln stg Fortress offer on July 3Offer includes special dividend paymentCompanies in talks with trustees over pensionsCD&R has until Aug.
- L) will vote next month on a 6.3 billion pound ($8.7 billion) agreed takeover offer from a consortium led by the SoftBank-owned Fortress Investment Group (9984.T).
- The Fortress offer is worth 254 pence a share, made up of 252 pence in cash and a 2 pence a share special dividend.
- The offer from Fortress, along with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Koch Real Estate Investments, exceeded a 5.52 billion pound unsolicited proposal from Clayton, Dubilier &
- read more Morrisons said it and Fortress were also in talks with the trustees of Morrisons’ pension schemes.