Sumary of UPDATE 2-Masking guidance unchanged as Delta variant sweeps U.S.- CDC director:
- By Carl O’Donnell, Jeff Mason3 Min Read(Reuters) -The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has not revised its masking guidance, even as the Delta variant of the coronavirus sweeps the United States, driving up infections, CDC director Rochelle Walensky said on Thursday.
- White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said such a decision would be made by the CDC, and President Joe Biden said experts were studying any necessary changes.
- investigating every aspect of any change that could or might take place,” Biden told reporters at the White House.
- Florida, Texas and Missouri account for 40% of all new cases nationwide, with around 1 in 5 of all new U.S. cases occurring in Florida, White House COVID-19 task for director Jeffrey Zients said.
- The White House in June announced plans to distribute around 80 million COVID-19 vaccines globally.
- Top U.S. infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci said there is no reason for people who received Johnson &