Sumary of UAE On Course To Scale Up Manufacturing With An Emphasis On 4IR:
- And in a post-COVID world, the UAE seems intent on forging ahead with its own version of the Fourth Industrial Revolution or ‘4IR’ by incubating and encouraging emerging technologies at a pace and scale few can or are willing to match.
- [+] (ADNOC), and the UAE’s special envoy for climate change, appears to be leading the charge speaks at GMIS 2021. GMIS 2021 MORE FOR YOU Al Jaber says strengthening the post-COVID supply chain resilience depends on managing manufacturing resilience and investing in 4IR.
- “Cutting edge technology will play a critical role in the post-COVID recovery.
- As demand bounces back, the 4IR will help us cope on supply chain pressures.
- A case in point is offered by Strata, a Mubadala-backed aero composite structures manufacturer.
- Founded in 2009, Strata has established partnerships with the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers such as Airbus, Boeing and Leonardo-Finmeccanica Aerostructures Division as well as a Tier one supplier to Pilatus, SAAB and SABCA, in a short space of just over a decade.
- Strata’s composite manufacturing facility in Al Ain, UAE Gaurav Sharma, November 2021 Strata CEO Ismail Abdulla says his company epitomizes how advanced manufacturing is progressing in the UAE in line with economic uplifting.
- We began production at the site in 2010, and have recently signed an agreement with Solvay for the UAE’s first aerospace joint venture to supply Boeing 777X.