Sumary of These Are the 2 Stocks to Watch After Hours on Thursday:
- Although small-cap stocks didn’t do well, modest gains came for the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJINDICES:^DJI), S&P 500 (SNPINDEX:^GSPC), and Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX:^IXIC).
- Index Percentage Change Point Change Dow +0.07% +25 S&P 500 +0.20% +9 Nasdaq Composite +0.36% +53 Data source: Yahoo!
- The beer maker reported surprisingly weak results that called into question some consumer trends that had supported the stock to all-time highs.
- Revenue jumped 33% year over year, reflecting the reopening of the economy and the reversal of lockdown measures from the second quarter of 2020. However, net income eased lower by 2%, and earnings of $4.75 per share fell well short of the $6.85 per share that most of those following the Samuel Adams maker were expecting.
- The social media company saw nice gains in its second-quarter financial results.