Sumary of The 5 best electric lawn mowers of 2021:
- As long as they’re cared for properly, corded mowers can last up to 10 years.
- Battery-powered mowers have a similar lifespan, but the batteries themselves will only last about four years or about 500 charging cycles before they lose their ability to hold an effective charge.
- Electric lawn mowers are available for a wide range of prices, though corded models tend to be cheaper than battery-powered options.
- Large riding mowers can cost thousands of dollars, while smaller, compact machines, like the Sun Joe MJ401E-PRO on our list, can be found for $140. Neither requires the fuel or oil that gas-powered models do, though, which should cut down on the overall expense of the mower.
- Wet grass can also be much more difficult to clean off the underside of your deck, and, unlike gas-powered mowers, you can’t just spray it off with a hose.