Sumary of The 4 best Instant Pots and electric pressure cookers we tested in 2021:
- FAQs James Brains/Insider How do electric pressure cookers work?
- Dating back to the 1600s, pressure cooking involves using heat and pressure to cook food more quickly.
- Prior to the Instant Pot revolutionizing the industry, pressure cookers were non-electric stovetop devices.
- But, Instant Pot changed that with its countertop electric version.
- In order for pressure to build in the cooker, the pot needs to have sufficient liquid (check your unit’s user manual for how much) and the lid must be airtight.
- The steam created from the heated liquid causes the pressure to build and permits for higher cooking temperatures and thus faster cooking.
- Once you’re done cooking, you must first release the pressure before removing the lid.
- For the most part, today’s electric pressure cookers are safe.