Sumary of Stocks Have Been in a Bad Way. What Investors Need to Feel Good Again.:
- Here, a line at the reopened TKTS booth for Broadway shows in Times Square Spencer Platt/Getty Images What the stock market needs right now to get out of its funk is good news about the economy.
- 2. Cases of the Covid Delta variant are rising around the world—and about 40% of sales for S&P 500 companies come from abroad, FactSet numbers show.
- But back to what would help: consistently strong economic numbers and no more negative company announcements: No more mixed messages.
- Until Covid settles down and shortages and supply-chain disruptions ease up, companies face the hard truth that they might have to cut their outlooks.
- Here’s where consistently good economic numbers would go a long way in calming nerves.