Sumary of Stock futures rise slightly following S&P 500’s best day in more than two weeks:
- A trader works at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), August 19, 2021.Andrew Kelly | ReutersStock futures edged up in overnight trading on Wednesday following a rebound on Wall Street as the market tried to avert the seasonally weak September.
- S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq 100 futures both gained 0.1%.
- Moderna rose slightly in extended trading after the company released more data on breakthrough Covid cases that supports the push for the wide use of vaccine booster shots.
- 27. The blue-chip Dow advanced more than 200 points, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite rose 0.8%.
- After seven straight months of gains for the S&P 500 and a near 20% rally to records this year, many on Wall Street expect bumpier trading and lower returns for the rest of the year.