Sumary of Snap, Twitter Show Where the Party Is:
- Twitter said monetizable daily active users—a measure of its users who can view ads—grew 11% year on year.
- But it also said its revenue grew 74% versus the same period last year, with U.S. advertising revenue nearly doubling.
- Snap, meanwhile, said both revenue and daily active users grew in the quarter at their highest annual rates in the last four years.
- The company said it anticipates growing its revenue faster than expenses this year, even while it is now forecasting expenses will increase more than 30% in 2021 versus last year, up from previous guidance of more than 25%.
- Importantly, the fact that the vast majority of Twitter’s ad revenue still comes from brand versus direct response ads will likely keep it somewhat insulated from Apple ’s iOS privacy changes since brand ads rely less on the need to track user activity.