Sumary of Rep. Matt Gaetz cut off a reporter's question about his vaccination status and said, 'We should be talking more about freeing Britney':
- “I think we should be talking more about freeing Britney,” the Florida Republican told CNN this week, according to a report published Thursday.
- “The lawmaker is one of 97 Republicans who have refused to disclose their vaccination status, with many arguing that it’s a personal matter, CNN reported.
- “I don’t think it’s anybody’s damn business whether I’m vaccinated or not,” Republican Rep. Chip Roy of Texas told CNN.
- Many congressional Republicans have also added to the hesitancy and skepticism surrounding the vaccine by spreading misinformation themselves.
- The lawmaker showed up to a “Free Britney” rally last week outside a Los Angeles courthouse ahead of the singer’s conservatorship hearing.