Sumary of PropertyGuru To Ramp Up Fintech Services As Singapore Unicorn Prepares For SPAC Merger:
- 12, 2016. © 2016 Bloomberg Finance LP PropertyGuru—the biggest online real estate marketplace in Southeast Asia—aims to ramp up fintech services to tap rising demand for property across the region.
- “We plan to continue to innovate and grow,” Steve Melhuish, cofounder of PropertyGuru, said in a recent virtual interview with Forbes Asia.
- ” The fintech service is starting to gain traction in Singapore, its biggest market.
- PropertyGuru launched a mortgage broking product in the city-state at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic and over S$1 billion ($745 million) in loans in the past 12 months, CEO Hari Krishnan told Forbes Asia.
- Hari Krishnan, chief executive officer of PropertyGuru Pte, poses for a portrait before an interview .
- [+] in Singapore, on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. © 2017 Bloomberg Finance LP “Our ability to do a billion dollars of home loans during Covid is something we are very pleased with,” says Krishnan, who was appointed CEO in 2016 after Melhuish stepped down after nearly a decade at the helm.
- Demand for housing in the city-state is heating up amid expectations the Singapore economy will gradually recover as the government eases pandemic-induced restrictions now that over 80% of the population has been fully vaccinated.
- Total private home sales in the Lion City climbed to 16,549 units in the first half, a 139% jump from the previous year, government data showed.