Sumary of Professor Who Defended Pedophiles Announces Resignation:
- ”Walker, who identifies as nonbinary, told the Protasia Foundation earlier this month that there are “a lot of misconceptions about attractions toward minors” and claimed that it’s not immoral to be attracted to children, provided people don’t carry out sexual abuse against them.
- Walker’s remarks drew widespread criticism but the university initially opted to defend the professor.
- “I want to state in the strongest terms possible that child sexual abuse is morally wrong and has no place in our society,” ODU President Brian Hemphill said in a statement at the time.
- “We hope today’s action helps bring closure for our Monarch family.
- ”Walker said in a statement released by the school that the work on pedophiles is aimed at preventing child sexual abuse and alleged it was twisted by outside parties.