Sumary of Peter Schiff: The Markets Are Afraid Of The Wrong Thing:
- The mainstream remains concerned about inflation – more specifically that the Fed is going to tighten monetary policy sooner rather than later to fight rising prices.
- ”The markets are worried about higher interest rates and that the Fed will begin to taper asset purchases.
- They’re worried that the central bank will shut down the party sooner than expected.
- Many believe this is a prelude to interest rate hikes in that country.
- I think the fact that you have a central bank ending QE, the markets are now anticipating the other dominos that are going to fall.
- It’s not just going to be this one central bank in a small little country like New Zealand.
- This is simply indicative of something that’s going to be playing out on a much bigger scale with central banks all around the world.