Sumary of Pelosi reiterates no bipartisan infrastructure bill without reconciliation package:
- Laffer Tengler economist Nancy Tengler says ‘government is distorting the labor market’ on ‘Kudlow.
- ‘ Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday stood by her earlier demand that the House will not vote on the bipartisan infrastructure deal until the Senate also passes a sweeping, multitrillion-dollar spending package using budget reconciliation.
- We cannot respond to some of the legislation until the Senate acts,” Pelosi, D-Calif.
- “We will not take up the infrastructure bill until the Senate passes the reconciliation measure.
- “Democratic leaders are facing pressure from Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to abandon the strategy.
- “The president has appropriately delinked a potential bipartisan infrastructure bill from the massive, unrelated tax-and-spend plans that Democrats want to pursue on a partisan basis,” McConnell, R-Ky.