Sumary of Newsom’s future, Senate hearing on Nassar probe, SpaceX rocket: 5 things to know Wednesday:
- Gavin Newsom easily fended off a historic attempt to recall him from leading the state of California Tuesday night.
- The Republican frontrunner was conservative radio host Larry Elder, who was labeled by President Joe Biden as a “Trump clone.
- ” Despite earlier voter fraud claims, Elder conceded Tuesday night and acknowledged Newsom’s win.
- The Senate hearing titled “Dereliction of Duty: Examining the Inspector General’s Report on the FBI’s Handling of the Larry Nassar Investigation,” will also feature testimony from Inspector General Michael Horowitz and FBI Director Chris Wray.
- Nicholas douses Gulf Coast, heads toward storm-battered LouisianaResidents of southern Louisiana still recovering from Hurricane Ida just weeks ago were bracing Wednesday for expected heavy rains as Nicholas, a tropical depression as of Tuesday night, kept crawling across parts of the state from Texas.
- “Heavy rain will persist across southeast Texas, and will continue spreading into Louisiana,” AccuWeather senior meteorologist Adam Douty said.
- Nicholas made landfall as a hurricane early Tuesday in Texas, 70 miles from where historic Hurricane Harvey made landfall in 2017. Galveston, Texas, saw nearly 14 inches of rain from Nicholas, while Houston reported more than 6 inches.