Sumary of Network Operator Capex to Hit $591B in 2025, Q3 2021 Forecast Report:
- 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Network operator capex to hit $591B in 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.
- This commentary explains the network spending forecast update issued in August 2021, comparing it to the forecast published in December 2020.This forecast revision is modest: market dynamics are largely as predicted in December 2020, and most projections are on track.
- Key cloud players are boosting capex outlook due to data center expansion, and also spending more rapidly on non-tech avenues like logistics and fulfillment.
- There is strong private equity interest in the carrier-neutral sector, with a focus on data centers.
- The increased PE interest in carrier-neutral models is enticing more telco asset spinoffs, including at Telefonica, Telstra, Singtel, PCCW, Indosat Ooredoo, PLDT, and Optus (some deals still under discussion).
- The result is to decrease the Network/IT percentage of total.
- Both Network/IT and All other capex projections are up in this new forecast, but All other’s 2025 total is up by 35% while Network/IT is up by a more modest 15%.