Sumary of Kaseya, the tech firm hit by ransomware, gets the key to unlock its customers’ data.:
- Kaseya, the Miami-based company at the center of a ransomware attack on hundreds of businesses over the Fourth of July holiday weekend, said on Thursday that it had received a key that would help customers unlock access to their data and networks.
- ”The development is among the latest mysteries surrounding the Kaseya attack, in which a Russia-based ransomware group called REvil, short for Ransomware Evil, breached Kaseya and used it as a conduit to extort hundreds of Kaseya customers, including grocery and pharmacy chains in Sweden and two towns in Maryland, Leonardtown and North Beach.
- The attack set off emergency meetings at the White House and prompted President Biden to call President Vladimir Putin of Russia and demand that he address the ransomware attacks stemming from inside his borders.
- Gone was REvil’s “Happy Blog,” where it published emails and files stolen from REvil’s ransomware victims.
- Its most notorious members suddenly disappeared from cybercrime forums.