Sumary of Is It Time to Buy the Dow's Worst-Performing Dividend Giants?:
- So, let’s look at whether a few of the Dow’s worst-performing members so far in 2021 — Walmart (NYSE:WMT), Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ), and Procter &
- Sure, growth will slow in the wake of the pandemic that pushed spending into areas like groceries and home supplies.
- Those initiatives might pressure earnings and reduce direct shareholder returns like stock buybacks.
- Verizon Communications is a Buffett favorite Wall Street has left Verizon out of this rally in favor of tech giants like Microsoft and Cisco Systems.
- Verizon recently reported accelerating sales growth and affirmed its bullish outlook for 2021. Sure, the expected 4% sales uptick this year looks meager compared to some of the sales numbers being generated by tech companies like Apple.
- But Verizon’s 5G push is laying the groundwork for many more years of user growth across its network.
- The consumer staples giant proved in its April earnings report that it can keep growing as consumers return to more-normal spending patterns.
- Organic sales rose 4% as P&G gained market share in attractive global categories like beauty products and laundry care.