Sumary of Inflation politics is clearer than inflation economics:
- A recent AP-NORC poll found that “half of people in households earning less than $50,000 a year say that price increases have had a major impact on their finances.
- The people who feel the impact of inflation most are also those who cast critical swing votes in the last two presidential elections, where a wide education gap has opened up between the two parties.
- 2020 Presidential Election polls, CNN These are voters Democrats need.
- As President Jimmy Carter found out, inflation, whether temporary or structural, is bad politics, especially when political margins are close.
- The public will be unforgiving toward a president who appears to be unaware of or indifferent to their top concerns, and right now inflation is one of them.