Sumary of Hiring costs employers $4,000 per new worker. These recruiters scrapped résumés to make the process faster and fairer.:
- They’re experimenting with software, blind hiring, and social media as alternatives.
- 1. Aptitude testsAdvanced uses pre-employment tests supplied by the testing-software firm Criteria Corp.
- Candidates undergo two behavioral tests: a cognitive-aptitude test and a psychometric-profiling test.
- MIT Technology Review interviewed a job seeker in July who was rejected from multiple jobs requiring aptitude tests, despite practising on similar software.
- Criteria put this down to a mismatch between the assessment’s requirements and the advertised role’s requirements.
- ” 2. Social mediaThe lead-generation firm MVF Global uses the social-audio app Clubhouse as a “fishing tool” for talent.
- Its head of talent Henry O’Justus uses Clubhouse to “throw the net out” to find a more “diverse pool of options” for certain roles.
- He set up a regular Clubhouse panel called Tech UK, inviting diverse speakers across the UK tech industry to discuss their experiences.