Sumary of Global Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Pain Market 2021-2031: US Dominates Globally, UK Leads in Europe, South Korea has Top S…:
- The report estimates that in 2019, there were 320.7 million prevalent cases of osteoarthritis (knee or hip) in adults aged 30 years and older worldwide, and forecasts that number to increase to 367.7 million prevalent cases by 2028..
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for osteoarthritis are in Phase II, with only one drug in the NDA/BLA phase..
- High-impact upcoming events for drugs in the osteoarthritis space comprise topline Phase II trial results for AKL4;.
- The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis pain asset is 9.7%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 50%..
- Drugs, on average, take 12.9 years from Phase I to approval in the osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis pain space, as well as in the overall rheumatology (non autoimmune) space..
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for osteoarthritis have been in the early and mid-phases of development, with 58% of trials in Phase I-II, and 42% in Phase III-IV….