Sumary of Futures edge higher after stocks notch 3-day win streak:
- Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 52 points, or 0.15%.
- All three U.S. stock averages are on pace to close the week in the green for a fourth positive week in five, rebounding from last week’s losses and Monday’s sharp sell-off.
- Salesforce had the greatest positive impact on the Dow as the software stock gained 2.6% on Thursday.
- The strength in tech shares comes as the continued spread of the highly contagious delta Covid variant raises concerns about economic growth.
- “We saw during the depths of the pandemic that tech stocks and their earnings held up the best, so I think a lot of investors are going back to the well, given we have a Covid resurgence,” Yung-Yu Ma, chief investment strategist at BMO Wealth Management, said.