Sumary of Ford, Walmart and Argo AI to launch autonomous vehicle deliveries in three cities:
- Ford, Walmart and Argo AI plan to launch autonomous vehicle delivery services in Miami, Austin, Texas and Washington DC later this year, Ford has announced.
- The service will focus on last mile deliveries and use Ford vehicles equipped with Argo’s AI self-driving system to deliver Walmart orders.
- “Working together with Walmart and Ford across three markets, we’re showing the potential for autonomous vehicle delivery services at scale.
- “Ford, Walmart and Argo AI will launch autonomous vehicle deliveries in three citiesDeliveries will be available in those cities “within defined service areas” and expand over time, Ford said.
- It will focus on next day or same day deliveries in urban cores, helping the players learn about autonomous technology as it relates to deliveries, particularly for logistics and operations.