Sumary of Flagstar Bank mortgage review: Choose from a variety of home loans that are available in all 50 US states:
- *Minimum credit score and down payment are for conforming mortgagesThe bottom line: Flagstar Bank is a good mortgage lender for many types of people, because it offers more types of home loans than many lenders.
- Overall lender ratingPros and consFlagstar Bank mortgage ratesFlagstar Bank charges relatively low mortgage rates.
- Seeing a customized mortgage rate makes it easier to compare mortgage lenders and choose a company.
- How Flagstar Bank compares to other mortgage lendersWe’ve compared Flagstar Bank to two other mortgage lenders that provide loans in all 50 states: Movement Mortgage and Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation.
- Movement MortgageYou’ll prefer Movement Mortgage for a reverse mortgage or condo loan.
- But Flagstar offers HFA mortgage and home equity options in certain parts of the US.Movement Mortgage could be the better fit if you don’t have a credit score.
- Fairway Independent Mortgage CorporationFairway Independent Mortgage Corporation offers reverse mortgages, but other than that, Flagstar has many more types of home loans to choose from.
- Fairway accepts alternative types of credit if your credit score is low, or if you have none at all.