Sumary of “Feels Like A Ruse” – Starlink Customers Angered By Massive Delay, Some Want Money Back:
- Starlink, Elon Musk’s internet space company, emailed customers late Tuesday night who put down a $100 deposit to secure a dish were being delayed for up to a year or more.
- Only days ago, Starlink customers reported on the Starlink account portal homepage that their expected order delivery time was late 2021. The delay comes as no surprise.
- Last month, the world’s richest man told Starlink users, “Should be nationwide rollout by the end of the month.
- So what exactly changed since early October that Starlink would have to delay orders for up to a year for some?
- Here’s the email: Thank you for being a supporter of Starlink!
- Over 14 million people have inquired about Starlink service in their area and today Starlink is available in over 20 countries (and counting).
- The Starlink team has been working hard to expand service and increase capacity while continuously improving quality of service.
- We will be able to accommodate more users per area as we increase the number of satellites in orbit.