Sumary of Dow closes more than 200 points higher, S&P 500 rebounds to stave off September slide:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rebounded Wednesday after a string of negative trading sessions this September.
- “Some bullish economic news released before the bell Wednesday helped stabilize investor sentiment.
- Energy stocks, which have been popular bets among investors banking on a big economic recovery, gained as WTI crude rose.
- Rising U.S. Treasury yields helped lift bank stocks, with Citigroup up 2.4% and Morgan Stanley 1.1% higher.
- Casino stocks like Las Vegas Sands and Wynn Resorts traded in the red again on Wednesday.
- Markets have been in a funk so far this month amid rising investor worries about the delta variant derailing the economic recovery, along with hand-wringing over the next action by the Federal Reserve.