Sumary of Courts Will Rule Against Biden On Vaccine Mandate Penalties: Alan Dershowitz:
- Authored by Jack Phillips via The Epoch Times,Courts will likely agree that the federal government has the authority to enforce COVID-19 vaccine mandates but will argue that the rules and penalties cannot be enforced, said Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz.
- President Joe Biden last week said that he will direct the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to mandate that employees at companies with 100 or more workers will have to either submit to weekly testing or get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- White House officials have said that fines will be handed down to those who don’t comply with the rule, which will impact about 80 million private-sector employees.
- ”But such mandates are “generally relegated to the legislature in our system of government, so I think the courts will focus on that issue first and say that the president may not have the authority to do this without congressional authorization,” Dershowitz said.
- ”Dershowitz added: “We’re going to see COVID become like the flu.