Sumary of Conservative radio host Larry Elder admits defeat in California recall election and hints at a possible future political career:
- Conservative radio host Larry Elder admitted he lost the California recall election against Gov.
- Elder told supporters to “stay tuned” as to what he plans to do next.
- Larry Elder, the GOP frontrunner for the California gubernatorial recall election, has conceded defeat in his run to oust incumbent governor Gavin Newsom.
- Elder, a conservative radio host, previously suggested without evidence that the recall election might be rigged against him, even setting up a website link before the polls closed for voters to report fraud.
- “We recognize that we lost the battle, but we are certainly going to win the war,” said Elder, who went on to speak for about 30 minutes.
- “We’re forcing them now to pay attention to the things they should have paid attention to two years ago,” Elder said.
- Elder also said his opposition was trying to use race to cause division among voters, and decried the idea of systemic racism in America.
- Elder said he doesn’t claim that racism is nonexistent in America, but said Californians should focus on issues like crime, high cost of living, and income tax instead.