Sumary of Biden recruits Disney, Microsoft CEOs to push COVID-19 vaccine mandate:
- Adial Pharmaceutical’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Bankole Johnson argues health care workers have a ‘duty’ to get vaccinated.
- President Biden on Wednesday met with some of the top business leaders in the country, including the CEOs of Microsoft, Walt Disney and Walgreens, days after the White House announced strict vaccination rules for millions of workers as the highly contagious delta variant surges.
- $50.12 +1.90 (+3.94%)”The group I’m meeting today is leading the way [on vaccinations],” Biden told reporters before the meeting began.
- The meeting came less than one week after Biden unveiled new policies targeting the vaccine-resistant, including requiring most federal employees to get COVID-19 vaccinations and private companies that employ more than 100 people to have their workers inoculated or tested weekly.
- In addition to the vaccination requirements, Biden announced plans to double federal fines for airline passengers who refuse to wear masks on flights or to maintain face-covering requirements on federal property.
- “The president admitted on Wednesday that implementing the new vaccination rules could take “some time.
- “The restrictive one-size-fits-all requirement will hamstring the flexibility business owners need – and are using – to adapt to the ever-changing nature of the pandemic and its variants.